EYESPOT ON THE WORLD





Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Firefox

I am going to write few technical posts here that are related to the average home user in order to make his/her use of the Internet more efficient and secure. I will start today with my Internet browser of choice, Firefox.

The feature that I love most about Firefox is tabbed browsing. Through tabs, you can open several web pages in one window. This is very efficient as it doesn't fill your taskbar.


Another feature that is so useful is the Automatic updates. As you log to the net, Firefox will automatically check for updates and it will automatically download them and ask you for installation in case found.

Integrated Search is a third feature that I keep using. I don't remember when was the last time I browsed to www.google.com to do a web search. Now, I exclusively use the Google search integrated in Firefox and accessible on the top right. And I can add new engines and choose among existing ones.


You can read more about Firefox and download it here.

Posted by lifeflaw :: 7:43:00 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------